The BRANZ chatbot Hammer and Nails has been developed to answer your building and construction questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Hammer and Nails answers questions covering a large number of topic areas, including:
- Concrete slabs under NZS 3604:2011 Timber-framed buildings.
- Stairs, ramps, slip resistance and barriers.
- Basic timber treatment and use, including materials compatibility.
- Requirements for wet areas, including showers.
- Building elements and materials covered by E2/AS1, particularly claddings, windows, flashings and decks.
We will be progressively adding more topics as we receive feedback from users.
Ask the chatbot a question, and it will respond with an answer or a number of different answers or it may not have an answer to your question.
Each time you click on the “Helpful” or “Not” buttons in response to the answer you receive, this helps the chatbot to learn.
If you have any or comments or requests for new topic areas, please complete the Feedback form.
Click on the ASK ME icon to get started.