Find and access recently published information and resources.
New BRANZ resources and publications
Build Magazine issue 174
Issue 174 of Build Magazine is now available. The feature sections examine climate change and modern construction methods (including MultiProof).
Changes to Building Code, Standards and legislation
Building system legislative reform programme - update
The Government has agreed on a number of key area for the building law reforms. These areas are:
- Faster building consents for prefabrication and off-site manufacturing;
- Better information and clear responsibilities for building products;
- Strengthening CodeMark;
- Reducing the building levy;
- Updating offences and penalties.
The Government is taking a phased approach in order to accelerate the changes that will have immediate benefit. Click here for more information.
MBIE funds over 120 building standards for free download
To remove barriers to achieving compliance in the building system, over 120 building standards are now available for free download. See Building Controls Update 250 for more information. Click here to access the building-related standards with a free download.
NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice (COP) updated
The MRM Code of Practice was updated on 1 August 2019. The following major revisions have been made:
- The main clause Testing has been substantially revised to give more practical guidance for testing in accordance with the NZ MRM COP;
- The main clause Safety has been substantially revised and updated to reflect the HSWA 2015;
- The sub-clause Fixing Aluminium has been substantially revised to better reflect good trade practices and manufacturers' recommendations.
There have also been a number of other less significant changes.
Other news and publications
Links to a new set of determinations have been added - 2019/021 - 2019/029.
Reform of vocational education
The Government has announced the reform of the vocational education and training system in New Zealand - see the new announcement website for more information.